Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bittersweet.

I was let go from my job of two and a half years today.  I've worked in a little Vietnamese-run nail and tanning shop for what seems like a lifetime, and I am pretty heartbroken.  It was time, inevitable really, because a bigger nail shop came to our little town and stole all of our customers.  "My people" have become like family to me, so even though I knew it was coming, I cried a little.

However, I am two weeks away from having my Esthetician license and being on the hunt for my first real job.  I am allowing myself tonight to feel sorry for myself, drink vodka tonics, pig out, and do some online window shopping, before I start thinking of this as a mini-vacation prior to beginning my life as an adult.  The next couple of weeks are going to be all about preparation for my career as a professional beautify-er.

Bring on the research, cover letters, and resumes.  And I might even do something to my hair.  Because I can multitask like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment