Friday, January 6, 2012

Pathetic.

My sad little blog.  One of 2012's resolutions is to maintain it diligently.

So here goes:

An update on life, it seems, is in order.  I have joined the twitterverse, and I am obsessed.  You mean I don't have to see all the annoying status updates, self-taken photoshoots, and spam shares of obnoxious people I kind-of-sort-of know and don't really care too much for?  Facebook has gotten so tedious lately - I've been looking at it like I used to look at homework for a while now, and finally made up my mind last week that I would be using it primarily for business and designating Twitter as my fun social media site of choice.  Follow me @GABarbieDoll.  :)

I also found my real grownup job.  I am officially an esthetician at a precious little spa, and I love it.  The stylists I work with are funny and sweet (a rarity in this superficial field), and we are quickly growing out of our tiny shop because of our expanding clientele.  I couldn't have gotten luckier.  I get to make people beautiful all day!

Because of the craziness of the past couple months, the gym was placed on the back-burner (and woops, hello ten pounds of added curviness - thank you, holidays), but I am back at it with a vengeance.  My sister got engaged on Christmas, and as we flipped through my own wedding albums, I was reminded how amazingly, beautifully skinny I was on my big day.  And I vow to be that again.  I am fourteen pounds over what I was, but I'd be happy losing eleven.  With my career, the gym is a tax write-off.  (I'm pretty sure...still have to research that one, but I've been told anything appearance related is.)  Oh yeah!

Did I mention my sister got ENGAGED?!  And how much that makes my entire year?  I have another wedding to help plan, I get to throw the bridal shower and bachelorette party, and I will finally be a bridesmaid ("matron"-of honor?)!  Not to mention the dress shopping and the spreadsheets!  I am in heaven.

So, my resolutions are to lose weight (cliche), build a better clientele, take my vitamins, set more goals, expand my wardrobe with more classic quality pieces, own a pair of Christian Louboutins by the end of this year, and start a little savings account.  Wish me luck!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment