Friday, September 25, 2009

Dumb Blonde (and I'm Not Talking about Myself!!)

I've decided to compile a list of the beauty products I couldn't live without!! Exciting, isn't it?? No, really.

1. I thought I would start with these because I believe if you do not use and love Q-tips, you are a dirty freak. (And not in a good way.) But maybe not, if you've discovered some other ingenious way to clean all of those teeney little cavities God saw fit to bless us with.


2. Dumb Blonde by TIGI Bed Head: this stuff is AMAZING!! Blonde hair requires purple shampoo (for those of you not lucky enough to have a cosmetologist as a sister)! However, the shampoo-conditioner system are not only for us blondes - it claims to do wonders for brunettes and redheads alike. And I have to say I think it's just awful that blondes and brunettes have very sexy sounding names, and all girls with red hair get is "redhead."


3. CHI Infra Treatment was a accidental discovery the same day I bought those fabulous boots. I tried it and I'm hooked. I am convinced that using this stuff once a week is healing my overprocessed hair and split ends.


4. I use St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub every couple of days to exfoliate my skin. I primarily use it on my face, but before I apply self-tanner, I exfoliate my entire body. You can put it on your fingers to massage into your skin, but I prefer to use a washcloth because it seems to really scratch off those dead skin cells that make your complexion look grey and dull. I used it for the first time when I was 14, I think, and I've been addicted ever since! I always get compliments on having pretty skin and I definitely give this find (and Proactiv) the credit for it.


5. Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Body Wash is a savior to my skin. There is nothing like sweating and stress to cause breakouts, and I work out and freak out daily. I've been using this for about two weeks and I don't even worry about it anymore. (Wow, I sound like a commercial - I should definitely be getting paid to talk up all these products! Can my secretary, I mean my assistant, I mean my...hubby or my pomeranian...get someone on the phone about this stat!? Honey? Sweetie??)


6. Speaking of St. Ives, they have the most UH-MAZING lotion I've ever used, including the expensive stuff. It's called St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin lotion. Oh, I'm in love with it!


7. Now, smoking and soda drinking - not something I good denist would recommend. (Diet Coke and Virginia Slims are like the ultimate anti-beauty products.) But as a reward for two weeks of "just say no" to cigarettes, I used the Rembrandt 2 Hour Whitening Kit. In two hours, my teeth were blindingly white, and it was so easy to use and very comfortable. I whiten my teeth when I have two hours at home alone (or with Jared, we've pretty much lost the "mystery") doing laundry or homework, and when I'm done, I always have a brilliant smile. I like to do this every three or four months for upkeep.


8. Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals is probably the best make-up in the world! The coverage is buildable, you use three fun fluffy brushes to apply it, and if you are a lazy s*** and don't wash off your make-up at night once in a while, it's ok!! They have bronzers, foundations, blush, lipgloss, everything, and I love all of it! It is especially good for summer weather (like, 75% of the year here in Georgia) because it's so light.


9. Working in a nail salon has taught me that OPI is the only nail polish worth using, and the best of OPI is Elephantastic Pink. Fun and grown-up at the same time, it is the most gorgeous Barbie pink I've ever seen in the world, and has me convinced that my wedding will not just include Tiffany blue, silver, and white, but also incorporate bits of Elephantastic pink. Everyone who laughed at me knowing that I'd change my mind about leaving pink out of my wedding color scheme, shut up! Even I knew you were right. It is my signature color, after all!!


10. My final favorite is also something I've recently discovered and has replaced my previous favorite mascara: Diorshow Iconic Mascara in Black. I have devastatingly short eyelashes, and by devastatingly, I mean nearly invisible and blonde, tragically. This mascara makes me look like I have falsies on, which I couldn't believe, but it's TRUE! It's absolutely incredible!!

2 comments:

  1. I love anything by Chi and Tigi!

    Buuttt ditch the St Ives Apricot Scrub. My dermatologist wanted to kill me when she found out I was using it. It's so harsh, it's A-Ok on your body but on your face, its very abrasive. Try Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cleanser or my "HG" (Holy Grail) cleanser RareMinerals Renewal Cleanser, it's a powder that converts to a cream once water touches it. It is the one of the only things that keeps my skin clear (and smooth!)

    And DiorShow is my FAVORITE! Your blog is so cute btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm brand new to blogging but I'm having so much fun with it!! I absolutely love your blog too!!
    And that breaks my heart about the Apricot Scrub - it's been one of my favorite things since I can remember!! But I will definitely give the cleansers you suggested a try - I'm trying to find something to replace my Proactiv anyway, and if it will exfoliate my skin too, I'll be in love!! :)

    ReplyDelete