Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oh my god, I only have 5 and a half months to do what??!!

Today I realized that my dream wedding is five and a half months away. That is less than half a year!! Like, this year is almost over and then I will only have three months!! And then when Valentine's Day comes, my wedding will be less than one month away!! Okay, enough with the countdown, I know, but suddenly I feel so overwhelmed. (Just when I was starting to freak out, puppy, who was sleeping next to my desk, woke himself up by snoring! Adorable!!)

Honestly, when I first got engaged, I was thinking that these things just sort of fell together. You buy your dress, get your bridesmaids, pick out your colors, and it just happened. I have no idea why! Maybe it had something to do with my parents getting married at their local courthouse in jeans. (Which started looking like a good idea to me halfway into all this planning!) I'm not someone whose been planning her wedding since she was five, marrying off my Barbie dolls. I was way more interested in dressing them up and fighting my sister for the prettiest one!

However, this weekend has been entirely devoted to the wedding. I've made 358742979469182301847 spreadsheets, each containing various information about EVERYTHING I would possibly need to know (budget, contact information, invitations, menu, etc.). I've made phone calls all afternoon, researched potential photographers, and played phone tag with every one of my bridesmaids.

I bought my sister's MOH (maid of honor...cool how it's abbreviated, huh? Even though I kind of defeated the purpose of abbreviation by explaining it like this) dress, which happened to be on sale. I emailed all of my bridesmaids, letting them know about the sale. I found out that the dress wasn't actually on sale, that the store had put the wrong tags on the wrong dresses. I argued with the bridal shop about the price, trying to save my girls almost sixty dollars. I got my way, but for today only. I called everyone to let them know about the mistake and about the limited time sale for only us.

I am exhausted.

And this is only the beginning. The easy stuff.

After consistently bitching at hubby for not helping with the wedding details, I finally came to this conclusion and told him, "Don't worry about it, baby. You make the money, and I'll figure out how to spend it." And I am definitely satisfied with that, because it let's me do what I do best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment